Defiance 2050 - Changes from Defiance Classic
- Defiance 2050 - Changes from Defiance Classic
July 17, 2018 |
Etaew | Viewed 7,666 times |
A round up of new features in Defiance 2050 compared with Defiance Classic.
Outfits, Titles and Vehicles that have been obtained in a unique or paid way on Defiance Classic will be available in Defiance 2050.
For more information see: https://www.defiancedata.com/page=1361/defiance-transferable-items-list-to-defiance-2050
Gone is the mass EGO Grid with the ability to unlock everything, now we have the concept of classes, which each has their own EGO Powers and Perks.
List of Classes:
Not every EGO Power and Perk can be unlocked, you can only invest a certain amount of points in each tier of the Class Tree.
For more information see: https://www.defiancedata.com/2050/classes
Your first character can that you create can select a base class, additional classes can be purchased using in-game currency from the Commendation Quartermaster at The Crater or bought from the Defiance Store.
Ark Hunter Commendations are earned from Contracts and Pursuits.
For more information see: https://www.defiancedata.com/2050/commendations
Loadout and Weapons
You can select 3 EGO Powers to use for your class.
Spikes and Stims have been removed as Loadout options, these are available as EGO Powers for certain classes.
The following weapons have been removed from Defiance 2050.
- Charge Blades
- Charge Sniper Rifles
Instead of EGO Rating, you now raise your Character Level from 1-50.
Alongside Character Levels are Class Levels, where each level grants an additional Class Point to spend on the Class Tree to unlock EGO Powers and Perks. You can raise your Class Level from 1-25.
Previously known as EGO Rating on items, Power Rating determines how powerful an item is, from 1-5000. Your character's Power Rating is determined by an average of the most powerful weapons, shields and grenades you have ever had in your inventory.
You are now able to see the Power Rating of enemies next to their health bar, zones further in the story will have higher Power Rating enemies.
The only Legendary items in the game are Weapon Prototypes, these are unlocked when completing a Pursuit for a zone and offers a unique appearance and behaviour.
Prototypes can be scrapped when you have outlevelled them and re-crafted at any time from a Prototype Replicator found at Fast Travel locations.
Some Prototypes available from zone pursuits while others are available by killing related enemies, the current Prototypes are listed below:
- Gore Auger
- Based on stolen 99er blueprints, Gore Auger fires a massive drill bit that penetrates enemy armor to bore through them, causing piercing damage until it stops spinning. The front mounted drill also increases melee damage.
- Very rare chance to drop from 99er enemies
- Venom Spitter
- The result of grafting a genetically modified hellbug venom gland to a detonator. Venom Spitter fires a sack of corrosive fluid which bursts on impact.
- Very rare chance to drop from Hellbug enemies
- Constructed from destroyed Scrappers. Atomizer builds an iconic charge on enemies it hits until it overloads, shocking nearby targets.
- Very rare chance to drop from Scrapper enemies
- M212 Demon
- Few remain of these dual-barrel .45 caliber semi-automatic pistols designed specifically for the EMC special forces and senior officers. They are highly desired for their superior stopping power.
- Obtained by completing Touring Madera
- E-Rep Retribution
- A modified AR-216 reserved for use by high ranking officers in the Earth Republic. Retribution is a semi-automatic assault rifle focused on targeting enemy weak points.
- Obtained by completing Mount Tam Recon
- Shondu's Vengeance
- Highly-Customized Fragger. Holding the trigger increases the number of rounds fired upon release.
- Obtained by completing Scouting San Francisco
- That's That
- Who needs more than one rocket when it hits like a sensoth hopped up on adreno.
- Obtained by completing Sausalito Trek
- Weapon made for elite dark matter sniper units. While aiming, additional rounds are loaded into the firing chamber.
- Very rare chance to drop from Dark Matter enemies
- Rosa's father, Amelio, engineered this weapon utilizing gulanite mining laser. Fires in three-shot bursts. The last round deals massive damage if the first 2 hit the target.
- Obtained by completing March through Marin
- Utilizing a raider pneumatic manifold, Bonesaw launches a circular saw blade that cuts straight through both armor and flesh.
- Very rare chance to drop from Raider enemies
Weapons can now be enhanced from their base Power Rating, the amount it can be increased is determined by the rarity of the weapon and 1 Weapon Level will increase the Power Rating by 10.
- Common +x Power Rating
- Uncommon +100 Power Rating
- Rare +150 Power Rating
- Epic +200 Power Rating
- Legedary +250 Power Rating
Enhancement is done from the inventory UI, with the new Enhance Weapon button, it uses Weapon Salvage to increase the Weapons Experience Bar, filling this increases the Weapon Level.
Salvage is dropped by weapon type:
- Assault Rifle Salvage
- Pistol Salvage
- Detonator Salvage
- Submachine Gun Salvage
- Light Machine Gun Salvage
- Shotgun Salvage
- Sniper Rifle Salvage
- Rocket Launcher Salvage
The amount of Weapon Experience granted is determined by the weapon salvage rarity, and is tripled when used on the same type of the weapon. Higher Power Rating on weapons will require more Weapon Experience.
- Common EP:1
- Uncommon EP:10
- Rare: EP:100
- Epic: (EP:1000 - unconfirmed)
When breaking down an item the rarity of the Salvage is determined by the original Power Rating of the item and not the enhanced value.
The rarity of salvage from crates is based on your Optimal Power Rating.
Enhancing the Weapon Rank will provide additional bonuses, as shown on the weapon card in the Mastery Bonuses section
- Weapon Level 10 - uncommon bonus
- Weapon Level 15 - rare bonus
- Weapon Level 20 - epic bonus
- Weapon Level 25 - legendary bonus
Condition of Weapons is displayed as stars under the Power Rating and have an impact on damage.
- Common: Condition 1-3
- Uncommon: 2-5
- Rare: 3-7
- Epic: 4-9
- Legendaries and Prototypes: 5-10
- Condition 1: -10% Damage
- Condition 5: 0% Damage
- Condition 10: +10% Damage
Ark Keys are no longer granted in large amounts, or spent in large amounts.
They are used at the end of Major Arkfalls and Co-op Maps where a large chest spawns to unlock a major reward.
They are obtained from some missions/pursuits but reliably from new Daily and Weekly contracts from the Ark Hunter Bounties Faction, which are unlocked at Level 50.
- Gilded Von Bach Ark Chest
- Gilded Soleptor Ark Chest
- Gilded Top-Notch Ark Chest
There are now 3 main health types, Health, Shields and Armor. Shields choose a combination of the three.
For more information see: https://www.defiancedata.com/2050/shields
There are a larger variety of grenades and they now use cooldowns instead of charges.
- Chemical Grenade - Explodes sending out toxic elements that deal powerful damage to enemy armor
- Corrosive Grenade - Enemies in the area of this grenade are covered in acid that burns away armor for a short period
- Fracture Grenade - Explodes with a strong force that penetrates enemy armor
- Frag Grenade - Explodes sending out fragments of metal at nearby enemies
- Incendiary Grenade - Enemies in the area of this grenade are hit by a burst of flames that catches them on fire for a short period
- Ion Grenade - Explodes in an energy blaster dealing powerful damage to enemy shields
- Piercing Grenade - Enemies in the area of this grenade are hit by a powerful force that penetrates armor and damages their health directly for a short period
- Pulse Grenade - Enemies in the area of this grenade are affected by a barrage of super-sonic waves that deal continuous damage to shields for a short period
- Quantum Grenade - Enemies in the area of this grenade are affected by molecules that penetrates enemy shields and damage their health directly for a short period
- Shrapnel Grenade - Enemies in the area of this grenade are hit by pieces of shrapnel that cause them to bleed for a short period
- Thermal Grenade - Explodes and emits high heat dealing powerful damage to enemy health
- Warp Grenade - Explodes releasing high frequency emmissions that penetrate enemy shields
- AP-16 Hammer - Military detonator that fires sticky, manually detonated grenades that have a moderate blast area
- AR-216 Gladiator - Accurate assault weapon that fires in bursts with a high critical value and strong recoil
- Aru Typhoon - Alien sub-machine gun with a high rate of fire that fires in bursts
- BAS-7 Derailer - Manual action sniper rifle with a high rate of fire and increased zoom level
- Barn Buster - Fires a single rocket which moves slowly and detonates on impact
- Big Boomer - Detonator that fires sticky, manually detonated grenades that have high damage
- Black Hawk HP9 - Military shotgun with medium caliber pellets and low recoil
- Bull Rush - Alien pistol with a high rate of fire
- Deadbolt - Manual action sniper rifle with high damage per shot and an increased zoom level
- Detu Ara - Alien pistol that fires in bursts and has a high rate of fire
- Digger - Detonator that fires grenades that explode on impact with high damage
- Duruuma Disruptor - Alien suppression weapon with a large magazine good for extended fire
- ESP-1588 Armada - Military rocket launcher that fires a single rocket which if the players lock on to a target will adjust its flight to home in on the lock
- El Diablo - Fully automatic sub-machine gun accentuating mobility and the ability to fire on the move
- FNX Raptor - Alien rocket launcher that fires a single rocket which if the players lock on to a target will adjust its flight to home in on the lock
- Fragger - Alien shotgun that fires blast rounds and low recoil
- Frontier Justice - Shotgun with large caliber pellets and low recoil
- GL-1 Ground Pounder - Military detonator that fires grenades that explode on impact and have a moderate blast area
- Gray .45 - Standard military pistol focused on precision targeting high critical value
- HP-5 Wolverine - Standard military pistol that fires in bursts and has a high critical value
- Hagak Tornado - Alien shotgun with a high rate of fire and strong recoil
- Heavy Blitzer - Accurate assault weapon that fires in bursts with a high rate of fire
- LM-43 Thunder - Suppression weapon with a large magazine, moderate range and high critical value
- Longshot AT-4 - Fires a single rocket which moves quickly, detonates on impact and has a large blast radius
- M279 SAW - Suppression weapon with a large magazine, moderate range and high damage
- Mag-Blaster - Alien fully automatic pistol with a high rate of fire
- Magnum - High caliber pistol focused on precision targeting and high damage
- Mazu Blast Rifle - Alien fully automatic assault weapon with a high rate of fire
- NRS-500 Commando - Standard military burst sub-machine gun with a high critical value that fires in bursts
- Nomad - Burst sub-machine gun accentuating mobility and accuracy that fires in bursts
- PSR-7 Cyclone - Sniper rifle with a lightweight frame, high rate of fire and a moderate zoom level
- Particle Lobber - Alien detonator that fires manually detonated grenades at a high rate of fire
- Peacekeeper - High caliber pistol that fires in bursts
- Reaper LZ - Shotgun with medium caliber pellets, a high rate of fire and moderate recoil
- Repeater - Sniper rifle with a lightweight frame, high damage and a moderate zoom level
- Retaliator - High caliber fully automatic rifle that deal high damage per shot
- SS-2 Bolt-Action - Manual action sniper rifle with a high critical value, strong recoil and a increased zoom level
- SS-2 Ranger - Sniper rifle with a lightweight frame, high critical value and a moderate zoom level
- Scattergun - Shotgun that fires large caliber individual slugs instead of a spray of pellets and must be reloaded after each shot
- Shockwave - Alien shotgun that fires blast rounds and must be reloaded after each shot
- Siegebreaker - Fires a single rocket which if the players lock on to target will adjust its flight to home in on the lock
- Slickshot - High caliber fully automatic pistol
- Spitter - Accurate assault weapon that fires in burstsand deals high damage per shot
- Street Sweeper - Shotgun with large caliber pellets, a high rate of fire and strong recoil
- Sulos Flare - Alien rocket launcher with a larger clip and higher rate of fire
- TACC Autopistol - Military fully automatic pistol with a high critical value
- Tachmag Pulser - Alien fully automatic sub-machine gun with a high rate of fire
- Thumper - Alien detonator with a high rate of fire that shoots grenades that explode on impact
- XAR-37 Sovereign - Fully automatic standard military assault weapon with a high critical value and strong recoil
- XAR-39 Sub-Carbine - Standard military automatic sub-machine gun with a high critical value
- ZZ-6 Breacher - Shotgun that fires medium caliber individual slugs instead of a spray of pellets and must be reloaded after each shot
There is no longer a vehicle vendor, and the vehicles are much more limited in the game. Some vehicles are transferred if you bought them from the store in Defiance Classic.
There are no longer individual vendor lists, now all vendors offer all selection of weapons, shields and grenades that spawn based on your Power Rating.
Each nano interacts differently with Health, Armor and Shields.
Two new nano effects are:
- Piercing: Armor Penetration - Piercing rounds drill through tough Armor to deal a portion of their damage directly to Health. "Drillers" deal less direct damage to Armor, Shield and Health.
- Quantum: Shield Penetration - Quantum rounds are capable of phasing a portion of their payload directly through Shields, dealing a portion of their damage directly to Health. The phasic matter within lacks the density of normal matter and deals less direct damage to Shields, Armor and Health.
Syphon and Biological nanos have been removed.
For more information see: https://www.defiancedata.com/page=1396/defiance-2050-nano-effects
Trading with other players is not in the current version of Defiance 2050
Silicon Valley and Alcatraz is not available in the current version of Defiance 2050
Contribute to the discussion or help improve an article by leaving a comment below.
Sign In to post a comment.
i do really in enjoy the game but after reading all this and looking online at all the gamplay from the orignal this looks like its been striped to the bones and now a very basic game, No weapon varitie, No vendor varitie, and the basic skill tree ive seen more complex skill trees in mobile games, i just wish they would kept the same as the classic set up it would be a 7-10 for me if it was!
3 weeks ago
"Previously known as EGO Rating on items, Power Rating determines how powerful an item is, from 1-5000. Your character's Power Rating is determined by an average of the most powerful weapons, shields and grenades you have ever had in your inventory."
Etaew, can you confirm, with this post above, that we CAN scrap our higher PR items and it won't affect Loot Rating? Source?
4 weeks ago
Etaew (PC-EU) 4 weeks ago
Phrost did confirm in Discord